© La Presó de Nonasp. 2016

The town

Vista de Nonasp des del Castellet de Faió Church of St. Bartholomew View of Nonaspe
Nonasp form Castellet de Faió

Nonasp it's a town from Matarranya region, located at S.E. of Saragossa , on the

left hillside of Matarranya river, 1km before the confluence with Algars river.

The locals are so kind and open-minded, that's why you will never feel alone in

Nonasp

The Church

It's a single nave temple splited in two sections. It has a presbytery with flat headboard. The church is the

typical gothic example. After the first construction until today it has undergo some changes.

The most beautiful and appreciated part it's the facade. Its stones are the typical stonecutter work that help to

know that it is from the middle of 13th century.

The bell tower it's from 1950-51. The temple it's dedicated to Saint Portomeu.

View Nonasp on Matarraña hermitage de la Mare de Déu de les Dos Aigües

The Hermitage

On the Est of the town, where the confluence of Matarranya and Algars is, there is

Mare de Déu de les Dos Aigües (Two waters Mother of God) shrine.  It was built in

18th century with latin cross, coverd with the vault of moons. In 1986-87 a porch 

was added  around the nave as a buttress. Around the hermitage there is a park

with centenary pine trees.

hermitage de la Mare de Déu de les Dos Aigües 2 The castle

The Castle

It is located on the stone hillside that makes it a cliff. Alfons El Cast, in 1168,

reconquer it. In 1248, Elvira de Cervelló, gave it to Temple Order. In 1317, when

Temple Order was extinct, it had been give it to the Hospitalers. In the middle of

14th century, the town was gived to Comamda Hospitalera de Casp by Juan

Fernández de Heredia.

The door is semicircular with big cercles where Ordre del Temple, Fluvià and Luna

shields show up.

In 1988, the building became Nonasp city hall.

Ethnological Museum Entrance

Ethnological Museum

Thanks to Amics de Nonasp Association, these days it's possible to visit a really

interesting Ethnological Museum. It is composed by 17 rooms in 440 m2. We can

see: tools to work the country, an old house, an school, barber, butcher's shop, a

shop, a bakery, etc. For more information please go to   www.amicsdenonasp.org

School of the Museum of Ethnology Segments of the door of the Castle.